# Setup Duo two-factor-authentication
Another well known two-factor-authenticator is Duo. We strongly recommend setting up such a 2-Factor Authentication to protect your account. Please generate a recovery code afterward so you always have a possibility to gain access to your account in case you lose your mobile.
Duo is a little bit more work to setup, as it has the precondition that you register for a Duo Account first on duo.com (opens new window).
# Setup Guide
First we will now create a new application in the Duo dashboard, and afterward we will configure Psono to use the appropriate "Integration Key" and "Secret Key".
# Setup Duo
Login to Duo.
Go to "Applications" and click "Protect an Application"
- Select "Auth API" and click "Protect this Application"
- Write down all three parameters (Integration key, secret key and API hostname) from the "Details" section.
- Scroll down and specify a "name" and click "Save Changes"
# Setup Psono
- Login into your account:
- Go to "Account":
- Select the “Multifactor Authentication” tab:
- Click the "Configure" button next to "Duo":
- Click the "New Duo" tab:
- Type some descriptive title and click generate:
- Scan the QR Code with your App:
- Approve the push message on your phone or add a correct Duo code for validation:
Well done, your Duo is now active. We strongly recommend setting up a recovery code in case your phone gets damaged, is lost or stolen.